Scrolling

My home: advent calendar

December is just days away - soooo excited as it's my favourite month! This year I've actually made my own advent calendar. Now, I'm not really the queen of DIY but it was so much fun being creative. Each envelope will hold a clue to help the girls find the present hidden somewhere in our home (they love hide and seek!) which explains why they're looking so flat! I hope they enjoy it.





My Scandinavian Home

 It was so easy to make as you can probably see from the pics! All I did was take 12 envelopes which I cut in half (we only had big ones at home), a black glitter pen, the black and white washi tape I bought in japan and my good old black board painted wall. The only thing I need to do next is re-arrange the numbers to make it a little tricker for my girls to find the day.

Are you making an advent calendar this year?

PS Back a little later today with a lovely home tour!

PPS Tomorrow I'm holding a BIG give-away on my blog, so exciting! I only wich I could win the Danish design prize myself!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Looks lovely, love how you make it into a hide and seek game for your girls.

    I'm making an advent calander this year, too! I've always wanted to do one and so this year I'm doing it. With 24 little gifts for our little boy, me, my boyfriend and our home. little bit for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, i will make next year, this year I bought

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea, no advent making here they only wish for Lego ones sadly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good idea and looks stylish and lovely! I'm sure your girls will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice (I'm really obsessed with anything washi-tape-related ;).
    Btw I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can check my blog for more information. Of course you don't have to take part, but just wanted to let you know your blog rock :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I do something similar for the kids every year. I bet they're excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Idea !
    I think it will be my DIY project for next year !

    love
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I ask what is at the back of all the card thingies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! On the back of the cards is a little written clue as to where they might find the present.

      Delete
  9. My goodness I love your blog. Everything is so....stylish and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice idea! Just love it. And washi tape, now I know why all are so found of it after buying some myself. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely-I feel inspired-better get cracking! Lovely blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea (clue fun!!!)! Nice DIY, I love the drawn star on top too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I always loved getting an advent calendar. My mom made one when I was little and refilled it every year. I still get it if I am around for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO